Monday, May 27, 2013

Journey to AX 2009 Knowledge

Captains Log STAR DATE unknown.

Recently I moved out of the MS GP world and entered a strange new territory, MS AX2009. This is a completely different ball game now. AX it is my opinion 10 times the size of GP. It requires a lot more resources for support and administration that any other ERP I have ever worked with. The interface is much the same as GP with the exception that it has a lot more going on within the HCI than GP does. From a developer perspective AX has an AOT (application object tree), this tool/function is a good sent to understanding how stuff works. I am currently working on building some custom reports and this AOT is like a bible for out AX2009 implementation.

I will be posting my SQL syntax for a Sale Report by Sales Persons (sales group) showing invoice lines not just invoice total.

No comments:

Post a Comment